Sunday 20 November 2011

Last Friday I attended the quarterly event Fashion in Motion at the V&A with Tean Roberts. Peter Jensen showcased this time and as usual the garments shown were from different collections, some awful ones and some great looks like his folklore prints from SS11 were my fave.
I am a fan of his and his cute traditional trademark bunny but sometimes I do wonder what the hell designers were thinking when they send something awful out on the catwalk that deserves a place only at some east end market stall. The worse outfit was a pair of trousers which the front half were some fur fabric and leather at the back or some other fabric, paired with only a messy white vest top. Unfortunately I didn't capture a pic of this monster, I take a lot of pictures but when this came out I could only utter "what the hell is that?" earning myself a glance from one of the spectators nearby. I can only hope she agreed with me. I particularly loved Tean's comment about the show reminding her of some "charity shop" mish mash, I agreed specially with those dodgy wigs. That was basically it... well it didn't help because it was derived from different collections it wasn't very cohesive if you were watching with the mindset of it being one show, one collection.

Here are some of my faves...

Only womenswear were shown too which was disappointing as I would've liked to have seen some eye candy. Anyway this event was part in celebration of his label turning 10 years and here is a video of the finale.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing information about heretical bold...
    Keep posting....Art & Photography logo designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhow! Did I make a faux-pas? Had a dreamy time with you beautiful! xxx

    ReplyDelete