Sunday 27 November 2011

This post is going to be non-fashion related. I did say to myself that I shall only post fashion stuff but even then I have been rather lazy. This isn't far from the creative sorts though because this post will be all about inspiration for future projects.

This evening Tean Roberts arranged for us to go watch Wow + Flutter 11 as part of the onedotzero motion/film festival at BFI Southbank. It was a series of mini films of motion graphics, animation and other experimental kind of stuff, there were many which were all pretty cool otherwise they wouldn't have been shown. I would really like to mention all of it but as any conclusion happens by certain restrictions of either time, space, money, selection and personal choice etc etc (in my case just patience) I have here my edited favourites from the show...


By Climent Canal & Sebatian Baptista

Cutters is an amazing paper animation. I so want to create something like this and of course in relation to clothes/fashion in general. I'll keep my ideas to myself for the time being and let you in on it once it's accomplished- I guess I'll be referring back to this note in more than a years time or so.

By Ahmet Serif Yildirim.

This is a film I am looking forward to seeing specially on 3D! As described I really like the "nostalgic mix of film noir, steampunk, sci-fi and Victoriana" set feel to it. Also the kind of eeriness reminds me of Tim Burton's style of story telling. So good...

By Emil Goodman aka Szabo Andras


By Ioannis Christoforou


By Hankins, Nieterau, Van Kooten & Puijk

Also in my search for mini animations I also came across this cute little broccoli which wasn't shown at the film festival.

All I can say is... Never!! You may taste good but you'd be more appetising with that dinosaur.

So the point of me posting this is because one- I needed inspiration, two- Tean needed inspiration, three- I am looking into creating mini fashion films and so is Tean which we will eventually both plan in working together and four I need to be more cultured which became more apparent today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment