Wednesday 5 May 2010

India Fashion Week

Whilst spending lots of time on the net searching and learning about Bollywood films and actors and actresses. It was only natural for me to start noticing the beauty of their garments so I looked more into it and wondered about India fashion week?!

They do have Lakme India Fashion Week. I scoured through Lakmes last shown season collections and quite a lot I've seen all before or ones that aren't particularly inspiring but I did come across some really great designers. Well I've listed some of my faves below.

First Sabyasachi Mukherjee- I've no idea how to pronounce his name properly but having gone through India's recent Summer Resort collection, this is my favourite! It has that elegant Prada feel to it whilst having the culture touch of India with the heavy use of clashing prints and plenty of embellishments. The clever styling and layering of different types of garment gives that ethnic feel too. This collection was the only one I felt that everything was considered from head to toe!
No wonder Sab Mukh is one of the famous designers from India even Naomi 'diva' Campbell has modeled for him.


Tho these are the bridal collection, they are beautiful and I want something like this to wear when I attend an Indian wedding so take a hint certain people I know! You need to hurry up, time is not making you any younger. These Rocky S creations are a modern take on Saris. I just love the pastel colours and the Swarovski crystals and appliqués!! Also this label has shown in London for On/Off in 2008 and even styled the Pussycat Dolls... for once they looked demure!

Rocky S


And some others...

Payal Singhal


Neha Agarwal


Smita & Himanshu


Swapnil Shinde


For those who like accessories here is some amazing work from Bombay milliner Shilpa Chavan who has collaborated with designers such as Manish Arora, Boudicca and Unconditional (London Fashion Week).


Plus another thing... Christopher Kane showed there too. If you were unaware like me you might be wondering 'what is he doing in India?!'

Well Mr Kane has been collaborating with TIGI’s award winning International Hair Creative Director Anthony Mascolo, to co-create the latest looks for TIGI’s fashion-inspired range, Kane showed support and helped with the outfits for Anthony's show.

You can check more out on Lakme Fashion Week official website.



So yep, this kinda took me the whole day... I was sat indoors stinking aaall day infront of the computer and at one point my internet was being so slow- I mean what was with the 5 second delays, were not living in the 90's! Urgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment